Sunday, March 1, 2009

Just the odds and ends

Now that the charger is ready to be connected I need to have something to plug it into. I was lucky enough to have a dedicated 20amp circuit already in my garage. All I needed to do was extend it to where I wanted it to be and change the outlet to a GFI outlet.

Extending the circuit was no big deal. Changing out the outlet was a little more challenging. Originally I started with a single gang box. Because the GFI is deeper than a regular outlet there was not enough room for the outlet and wiring. No big deal. Out to the hardware store for a double box. Next AM install the outlet. Still not enough room for the GFI and wiring. OK. Out to the hardware store for a double deep, double gang box. Yeah it fits. Oh...and it works too :-)



Next step is to hook up all the batteries. Remember all those cables I made a few weeks back? Well this is where they will reside soon.


Before hooking up the high voltage I'm starting to clean up some of the wiring. I'm making sure that all of the wires are protected from damage. This is what the low voltage wiring gets wrapped in.


For the high voltage wiring I'm using spa tubing to protect the wires. You can see the grey tubing around the wire up until the point it inserts into the Anderson connector.

No comments: