Thursday, March 26, 2009

Just the checklist

Now that I have the battery pack hooked up and the car running I'm starting to get to my checklist of things I still need to do.

Checklist:

1. Get the speedometer working

2. Check the tachometer calibration

3. Secure the batteries

4. Secure the charger

5. Put the hood and bumper back on

6. Feed the cat...okay...not needed for the car to run; and since we don't have a cat I guess I can skip it :-)


One item I did get off my checklist was getting the EVision working. This is the gauge that tells me the battery pack voltage, how much current is being used, what my "gas mileage" is, etc. Luckily the only thing wrong was a loose wire. My bad.


While I'm on the topic of the EVision I want to give a ringing endorsement to Victor at MetricMind for puuting together this great device. Not only does it provide every possible parameter one needs for an electric vehicle, it has a great interface and display for accessing that data.


Now back to the checklist. I anticipate securing the front batteries next week which means I can put the front end and hood back together. Once that is done I can get the car out on the road more (can't take it too far with the hood off).

No comments: