Friday, March 27, 2009

Just more checklist stuff

I can now take reattaching the hood off of the list.

I also attached the vehicle speed sensor to the right drive axle (the little red thingy). It is a small magnet that senses the change in magnetic field from the metal bits (nuts) secured to the axle.


With the hood attached I figured I could go a little bit further without drawing too much unwanted attention. Who needs a bumper anyway :-)

I ended up driving about 5 miles. Other than the speedometer not displaying the speed everything else works fine.

With the EVision gauge working I was able to get some quick and dirty readings for the "gas mileage". Based on the drive today I should be able to get 18-20 miles easily and only use 1/2 the battery capacity. This should actually improve as the batteries "break in" and I learn to drive the car more efficiently.

2 comments:

RacerX said...

Wow! A five mile tour is not too shabby. Looking forward to seeing what this is like from the passenger seat.

Idoco said...

Chris,

Can't take it too far until I can put the front end on. Without a front end I'm guaranteed to get stopped in Solebury.

I'm waiting for a few pieces of hardware to arrive so I can secure the front batteries. Once that is done I can reattach the front bumper and fascia. Then your doorstep should be in range.