Thursday, August 21, 2008

Just waiting for the packages

If you've been reading the blog to this point and are still awake you will have noticed that I haven't said anything about the EV components that are going into the vehicle. And that's because I don't have any of them yet. But that's all about to change.

This week I heard from Ryan at EVSource.com. Ryan is supplying me with the majority of the components for the conversion. By this time next week I should have them in hand. Lots of big boxes means Christmas in August!

Obviously, before I can install anything I still have to remove a few things. Mainly the engine and transmission.

So this evening I planned to put together the engine lift. That way I could pull the engine this weekend. I just picked it up last weekend so it was till in the box.

Just one problem. As I'm going through the instructions for assembly I notice I'm missing some parts. A lot of parts. How can that be? The box was sealed and everything in it was packed perfectly. Then I look on the side of the box and see "Box 1 of 2" on the side!

Guess I'll be stopping back at the local auto parts store tomorrow. Luckily I still have the receipt.

No comments: