Sunday, August 17, 2008

Just the last drive

This morning was the last drive as a gas powered vehicle. Shana (my daughter) and I went into town for breakfast and then drove back home. After parking the car in the garage I decided to get started on the deconstruction.

The first part was pretty easy. Front fascia, hood, and headlights easily came out. No problems with the radiator and radiator fan.

Here's a picture of the car after removing the above.


Some of the stuff that was removed



Having the proper tools makes it so much easier. The number one tool is the factory service manual. This is the same manuals that mechanics at the dealership would use.



It's also a good idea to keep track of all the parts coming out. Some of them have to go back in! I'm labeling parts and wires as I go along. Some baggies for little parts.

No comments: