Friday, August 8, 2008

Just The Requisite Background Info

Before moving on I should tell you a little about myself. As an eye surgeon I'm a little compulsive about how things are done. Not a whole lot of room for error so one needs a healthy amount of compulsion.

Before performing surgery one knows the anatomy of what they are operating on. One goes in with a plan. And a backup plan. And a backup to the backup. The point being that before ever cutting you've gone through things in your head enough times that the actual surgery is the culmination of a process with the hard work done prior to the surgery.

This is the same attitude I have taken with the EV conversion project. I'm not going in blindly. I've gone through the details of deconstruction and reconstruction over and over (including minutia such as how big is bolt X on part Y before even taking anything apart).

In the movie "Hunt for Red October" one character comments that maybe the Russian protagonist is devising his plan on the fly. Another character replies, "Russians don't take a dump, son, without a plan. " Hopefully that describes me and this project.

No comments: