Friday, September 12, 2008

Just some odds and ends

Today I made some progress on wiring the main high voltage fuse box. This is the box that contains the fuses and relays/contactors that protect the circuitry.

As I've stated before and will probably state again, no matter how prepared you think you are there is always something! Today that something was wire size.

For the high voltage wiring I'm using 2/0 or 00 wire. That's the big wire I showed a picture of last time. Apparently 2/0 electrical wiring and 2/0 welding wire (the type I'm using) are slightly different in size. When I went to the electrical supply store to pick up strain relief fittings (the things that keep the wires from pulling out of the box accidentally) I told them I need to fit 2/0 wire. Of course when I got home the fittings were too small.

So I go back to the electrical store to exchange the fittings. I bring a piece of wire this time :-) Unfortunately they were out of the fitting size I needed. Luckily another electrical supply shop nearby had the correct fitting.

So here is a picture of what I accomplished today.

No comments: