Friday, May 21, 2010

Just a hiatus

Another update on the EV Vue. For the last six weeks the Vue has been out of commission. Over the winter I was having a very intermittent problem where the vehicle would "start" but was not responding to the throttle. Invariably the problem would go away in a few minutes and everything would run fine. The problem was very infrequent and intermittent enough that I could not reproduce it to troubleshoot.

Well in late March while driving home the vehicle became completely dead to the throttle. I managed to coast it into a local business and tow it with my truck back home.

Between leaving for vacation and just being busy with life it took a few weeks for me to get to work on the car. When I finally did I managed to track down the problem to the controller.

So off to the UPS store to ship the controller to the West Coast. A week later it arrived at the manufacturer. Luckily the only thing wrong was a wire inside that managed to work its way loose. Another ten days later I get the controller back. Today I managed to find the time to reinstall it.

Everything seems back to normal at this point. I'm looking forward to getting it back on the road as my daily vehicle.

No comments: